Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

Rock of Ages


Last night truly was a memorable one for me. First off, I got to see Lea Salonga IN PERSON!!! I was literally hyperventilating the moment I caught a glimpse of her! She's my childhood idol, and there she was: just a few paces away from me! Too bad, photos were not allowed to be taken with her. Talk about being famous, like Tony-Award-Winning-Famous! Haha!

Fan-girling aside, we watched the Philippine production of Rock of Ages, and it was superb! The cast was amazing. They delivered their roles flawlessly, and their voices...just WOW! Actress Vina Morales is just fitting for the role of aspiring-actress-turned-stripper "Sherrie". Local singer Nyoy Volante impressed the audience once again with his musical chops by playing the role of music underdog "Drew". And, MiG Ayesa marked his Philippine stage debut with a bang by reprising his role of rockstar "Stacee Jaxx". The supporting cast was superb as well. It was a rollicking good time, singing songs from the 80's with a crowd who had been alive in that colourful musical era. 

After the show, we got to meet the entire cast. And knowing my Broadway-freak cousin, he went crazy again. I managed to take decent photos of him with the actors. But the photos he took of me with them, geez! Blurry!!! Making my eyes look more distorted than usual. Anyhow, here are the photos. 










Andz

1 comment:

  1. Pa-advertise lang po :)

    Catch ROCK OF AGES on its closing weekend run!
    JULY 27, 2013 / SATURDAY / 8PM /RCBC
    Ticket Prices: 2000, 1750, 1500, 900 and 700

    Contact Onay Sales(0917.908.0565)
    email ronaleans@yahoo.com
    or visit: http://www.watchplays.blogspot.com/

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete