Pages

Friday 8 June 2012

Confession


I'm pretty sure, you're fed up with all my I-had-a-crappy-summer drama. But, I just want to remind you that this is my blog, and it is I who decides what to publish in here, which means, you don't have much chance of changing the nature of my posts. Feel free to complain at the comments section, though. They'll be a worthwhile read.

Anyway, my first week in school just passed, and I'm very confident to say that it went well. More tension, more crazy professors (I think), and more school work, but there's nothing I can't handle, so yeah, I'm cool..... 

Of course, I'm fibbing! 

If there's one thing in the world that would describe me right now, it would certainly not be cool, or anything near it, because I'm totally freaking out! I have to memorise all the capitals of Asian countries all over again, since one of our professors in history (we have two history courses this sem) requires it. We have to stalk some random person, and take note of all his actions for psychology. One word: STATISTICS. And since we have a news writing subject now, we will have to read the newspaper everyday to keep track of current events, so we could deliver something sensible to our journ prof whenever she asks us to recite a news story.

I have a confession to make right here and right now: I hate reading newspapers. Politics makes me puke. Business does the same. And, crimes make me jelly in the stomach. I only touch the newspaper for celebrity gossip, Sunday comics, and puzzles. 

Why did I take Journalism then? Because there's nothing else close to creative writing in the only university that admitted me. I could've pursued literature, but there's a certain tone in my mum's voice that put me off when I gave her the idea. So, I didn't put lit in my application form. 

When I found out that I made it in journ a year ago, I knew that I just have to endure the scent of newspaper and ink in my hands for the rest of my life, and that there's nothing much I could do about it any more. Not that all journalists are stuck in the newspaper area, but most are, and which I'll probably become in the near future. My fate is sealed - secured. I'll be a journalist in the second most dangerous place for journalists in the world. 

On the bright side, I just finished reading Five Point Someone, and I loved it! I couldn’t blame Chetan Bhagat for claiming that 3 Idiots is 70% inspired by it, instead of the 5% Rajkumar Hirani (3 Idiots director) says. I wouldn’t go further about that though, since the controversy had already cooled down a long time ago. I'll post the review soon!

Oh well, gotta catch up with my dad's classical guitar. I kinda missed it :)


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment