Pages

Friday 8 August 2014

SNAPS: Thomasian Global Village


I kind of assumed the role of an unofficial photographer during AIESEC-UST's very first mini Global Village (GV) held last Wednesday. I knew the other AIESECers would be super busy, so I figured, perhaps, I could help them at the moment by documenting the event. After all, I like staying behind the lens and taking photos. Haha! And, since I'm not a fan of Facebook's crappy photo album feature, I'm including in this post some of the "best" shots from the GV. 

How was the event, you ask? Well, it exceeded my expectations. In fact, think it exceeded everyone's expectations.

Sure, it wasn't set in a glamorous venue, nor did we have state-of-the-art props and shizz, but everybody seemed to be having fun, while learning about different cultures at the same time, and that's all that mattered. So, kudos to AIESEC-UST, especially to the Organising Committee (We love you, OC! We do! ♥) and to the EPs, as well as some UST international students, who put up really interesting booths (with the least resources available and in the shortest time possible) and warmly interacted with the students who dropped by.




Mato from Croatia

Thijmen from Holland

Cheuky from Hong Kong

Marin from Japan

Mana from Japan

Jennifer from Indonesia

Peppi from Finland

Of course, we have a booth, too!

Marshmallow relay!!!



What's an AIESEC event without AIESEC dances?

Cheuky writing my name in Chinese (prolly, Cantonese)


I helped Peppi put up her booth, since she didn't have much items with her -
I loved the Salmiakki, though! :D



The participants also paraded their national costumes :)





The participants showing off their certificates from the event

From left: Mato, Nicole, Cheuky, Mana, Peppi, Thijmen, and Jennifer



Check out more photos from the event HERE.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment