Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Nail Art Tutorial: Textured Nails


It's been a while since I last painted my nails. I knew that my nails needed to breathe after my months-long nail art challenge, because even though I love how nail polish makes my tips look pretty, I know that applying nail lacquer every few days isn't really a healthy thing to do. 

Anyway, after trimming and treating my nails, I wanted to try something new. Something simple and easy that wouldn't take too much of my time, so I decided to try different textures on my (super short) nails. Although I don't have grainy or sandy polish at the moment, I am really happy with this orange glossy-matte-and-glittery combo.



Textured Nails

What you need:

-Tape
-Various nail lacquers that come in different textures.
(I used plain orange, glittery orange, a glossy top coat, and a matte top coat.)


What to do:

1. Start with a plain base, brush a glossy top coat, and let your nails dry completely.

2. Cut a tiny piece of tape, and position it on your nail according to how you want your design to look.

3. Brush a layer of your textured polish on the exposed part of your nail away from the tape (follow the arrows). I chose to brush the matte top coat first.



5. Carefully peel off the tape.

6. Position another piece of tape on your nail, avoiding the part you just painted over.

7. Brush another layer of textured polish away from the tape, carefully avoiding the previously painted part of your nail.


8. Carefully peel off the tape, and leave your nails to dry.


Pretty easy, right? :)


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment