Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Singapore Day 3 (20 December): Orchard Road


Back in the Philippines, I've always loved shopping - books, journals, sweets, CD's, DVD's - just about anything, really! I'll go out with mama or papa, and more often than not, I'll have a purchase I'd tote around till I get home. But here in Singapore, it's a different story. The prices of stuff here are way beyond my wallet's reach! Not that I don't have money, cos I do (mama and papa won't let me go empty-handed, would they?). It's just that it's only now that I realised how cheap things are in the Philippines.

Today, our destination is Orchard Road - the shopping capital of Singapore (or at least that's what I think). I have a few hundred in hand, and I thought they'd be enough to buy some  pasalubong for the folks at home, but no. It's not enough. It's waaaaaaaaay not enough! We got to buy mommy a nice blouse at Forever 21 though, so that's alright. I'm also eyeing a perfume (I tested it, and it still smells good on me after hours and hours!) at Forever 21, a water bottle at Accessorize, and a blouse I could buy for mama. I still dunno what I'd get for papa, but soon enough, I'll find something for him. It'd be rude not to. I mean, he and mama got me here in the first place. I owe them something other than passing that bloody exam in logic (kidding!).

So, being economically-wise, I got myself a Keep Calm and Carry On journal from Acme (which is a new wonderland for me) and a few chocolate strawberry-filled marshmallows (which we later ate) from Muji - that's that. Over a thousand shops in the city, I got myself a journal and marshmallows. Great. But that's as far as middle-class princesses go, so yeah.














Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment