Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

7 Food Flicks I Love

I'm such a sucker for films. I guess you know that by now. But one of the dominant themes of the movies I watch is FOOD. And since I haven't posted anything for quite a while (plus it's our kinda-break in school and I've got some time to spare), I've decided to make a list (and write short reviews) of my favourite food flicks, which you might want to check out if you haven't yet!


The Hundred Foot Journey (2014)



I saw this film upon the recommendation of a good friend (who's got a really good taste in pretty much everything, by the way) and guess what? The Hundred Foot Journey did not disappoint! Based on the 2008 Richard Morais novel of the same title, this movie follows the journey of gifted chef Hassan Haji from a kitchen in India to a posh restaurant in Paris. You won't look at the omelette the same way as you did before after seeing this movie.



The Lunchbox (2013)



An unhappy retiring accountant gets a twist in his meal (and his life) when a young and anxious housewife sends him a letter through a lunchbox. A couple of written exchanges more and yummy Indian dishes later, this epistolary film will surely make its way to tug your feels.



Bon Appétit (2010)



Young and ambitious Spanish chef Daniel tries his luck at a famous Zurich restaurant. He sure is ready to take on the culinary challenges that he has to face, but getting his heart broken by Hanna, a pretty sommelier, is another story. Prepare to piece your heart back together after watching this film.



Julie and Julia (2009)



Of course, Julie and Julia has a spot in my list! A blogger vows to prepare all 524 dishes in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by the legendary Julia Child. Seeing this film will make you want to take on the challenge yourself!



Ratatouille (2007)




I was so surprised when I found out that some of my classmates haven't seen this gastronomic genius  of a film by Pixar when a professor mentioned it in class. Like, WTF?! But I saw Mean Girls just a few weeks ago, so who am I to judge? Anyway, in case you don't know yet, Ratatouille is not about a talented human chef but a big-dreaming rat named Remy, who is very much deserving of a Michelin Star.



No Reservations (2007)




A workaholic chef who lives a monotonous life in the kitchen gets a shift in her life and career when she's given the responsibility of caring for her orphaned niece. Film includes pizza dinner served in a fort of blankets, so yeah, this flick's perfect for a cosy movie time!



Tampopo (1985)



If it wasn't for a paper I had to write for my a subject, I wouldn't have seen this weird yet mouth-watering film with a super young Ken Watanabe. This movie gave me a higher appreciation for the making of ramen, which is what it's pretty much about.



Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment