Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Friday Night List

I find TGIF a distant idea now, especially because I've got a crappy Saturday class schedule that demands me to be away from home (...fun, social life, and relaxation) from 8 in the morning to 9 in the evening. So, yeah, don't you dare complain about your class schedule in front of me, because I'm sure that I've got worse. 

ANYWAY, after a super tiring exam day in school (and as I write some parts of a course requirement), allow me to unwind a bit by sharing with you some non-academic stuff that keep me sane and happy (even in the simplest of ways) lately. After all, making lists makes me feel better.


Divergent Trilogy


I hate dystopian novels. I think I made that point of mine clear before. I even tried my best to like the current favourite, The Hunger Games Trilogy, by watching the first film and starting the first book, but to no avail. However, when I got to watch some parts of Divergent while on the bus en route to Manila, I got hooked. I knew I had to read the books, so I bought a copy of Divergent that weekend. I finished it today, and started reading Insurgent.


If I Stay (Film and Music)


I went to see the film version of Gayle Forman's best-selling novel If I Stay last Wednesday, and it was everything I wanted it to be! Screw the fucking critics who call it horrible or manipulative! It was perfect! Chloe Moretz and Jamie Blackley spelled chemistry. The soundtrack is pure eargasm. And, the essence of the book was not lost in the film! My favourite part was the bonfire scene, where Mia played the cello alongside Adam, who played the guitar. I keep hitting repeat to hear their rendition of Smashing Pumpkins' "Today" again and again and again!



Painting


I've been painting again. It's the only thing I like to do when I've got a few hours to myself, or when I feel like something I'm writing is going nowhere and I'm in need of new ideas. It allows the creative side of my brain to recharge. It's pretty amazing and weird how I get to come up with words to write whilst painting. I'll always love that surge of good thoughts.


Dylan O'Brien


Tell me he's not cute and I will stop these irrational fangirl feels raging within me.


The Theatrical Trailer of Love, Rosie 


I've seen it countless of times, and I still hit the replay button whenever I look it up on Youtube, which I do a lot! Love, Rosie is my favourite book from Cecelia Ahern and is one of my favourite books ever, which is why I really can't wait to see its movie adaptation! Lily Collins and Sam Claflin look amazing together!



...And, I keep pausing the trailer when it gets to this part of a teary-eyed-yet-smiling Sam a.k.a. Alex  with a tiny teddy bear in his hand.



Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment