Pages

Friday 8 November 2013

Three To Read

I have yet to finish reading Neil Gaiman’s “The Ocean at the End of the Lane”, with school (and THESIS) starting before I even got to its fourth chapter, but I already have these three page-turners in mind that I’d like to get my hands on ASAP.


Warm Bodies, Isaac Marion
I must have underestimated Warm Bodies and limited it as some crappy-if-not-cheesy zombie thriller of a story that drops hints of necrophilia before actually seeing the film or reading the book, because when I got to watch it on a bus ride to school last week, I surprisingly enjoyed it to the point that I (my mum and cousin – who have seen it on the bus as well – included) just had to grab its DVD (on the same day – no less) and was very much compelled to read the novel it was based on.




Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell
A sweet take on teen love and music, this young adult novel named as one of the best books of 2013 by Amazon is definitely in my to-read list. I first encountered this book a few weeks ago while doing my weekly ritual of running through book spines, and couldn’t stop thinking about it ever since. In fact, I have no idea why I haven’t grabbed a copy of it yet.  




The Virgin Suicides, Jeffrey Eugenides
If the title isn’t enough to intrigue you, well, I don’t know what is.


Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment