Pages

Saturday 1 December 2012

First of December


Today's the first of December, which means... CHRISTMAS IS COMING SOON

My heart is simply filled with joy and excitement, despite the stress and drama going on in school and in my life. So you see, that's what I love most about the Christmas season - you just become happy

This Christmas, I'm staying in the country. No trips. No plans. And although I miss Singapore terribly, nothing beats the Christmas spirit of the Filipinos - us Filipinos - and that's enough reason to be happy to stay home with my whole family during the last month of the year.

I've started doing my Christmas shopping runs, too, yesterday. I've ticked several friends out of my list, and I've got a few more to shop for. I have to admit that I love shopping for Christmas presents! I tend to be extravagant at times, which can burn a hole in my and my 'rents' pockets, but yeah, Christmas is the season of giving! In fact, I enjoy giving gifts more than receiving them, and that's no lie at all.

Now, to tell you about my day, I had my last NSTP fieldwork this morning, and the fact saddened me - well, it still does. I will really miss seeing my student, Alena. She's this really sweet and smart little girl and getting to spend some time with her in the past few days was just one of the most wonderful experiences I've ever had.

As a goodbye and advance Christmas present, I got her a Barbie doll and a magnetic plush toy from Disneyland (which had been sitting in my wardrobe for quite some time). She actually gasped in joy! Her expression is simply priceless. Turns out, the Barbie I gave her is her first!



Andz

No comments:

Post a Comment